Construction time: 1957-
Building contractor: Public contractor, since 1990s increasingly private contractors and real estate investors.
History of the place: The settlement was erected on the compounds where the Nazis used to organize huge tent encampments on the occasion of the rallies of the NSDAP 1923 -38. In 1940 they established a camp for prisoners of war. After the war baracks were erected to house Silesian and Sudeten-german expellees that later moved into the new buildings.
Infrastructure: 14.000 flats, central heating plant, schools, kindergartens, community house, public transport, shopping centre, first car-free planned living quarter in Germany